Automation and Process Control Engineer- Columbus, OH
Job Description: Our client is seeking an Automation and Process Control Engineer at its state of the art plant near Columbus, OH. Close proximity to Columbus allows either urban or rural living; great for families and single living. The area offers many museums and arts-scene experiences, professional and collegiate sports, and has several highly ranked golf courses and state parks for the outdoor enthusiast. See www.experiencecolumbus.com for additional information.
This role provides technical expertise and support to the manufacturing organization in order to enable continuous improvement in the asset’s control systems. The A&PC Engineer will lead challenging and exciting programs geared towards improving safety, reliability, capacity, and cost. The engineer will be exposed to multiple manufacturing processes and provide day-to-day support as plant operations require.
• Provides control systems technical support to areas of responsibility
• Identifies and works with technical personnel to develop best practices for process(es)/equipment
• Enables and assists in the training of operators and mechanics as well as other technical team members to improve the understanding of the areas’ control systems
• Leads troubleshooting and root cause analysis for complex control system related issues
• Drives/leads changes of design for areas of responsibility
• Responsible for developing/updating maintenance/operating procedures impacted by control systems
• Assists in the development of the 5 year technology improvement roadmap
• Responsible to ensure adequate basic data is created for CapEx projects and provides resourcing support (e.g. development and/or Plans for Commissioning, Decommissioning, Start-Up and Shut Down)
• Participate in area PHAs, provide safety interlock expertise, and develop an understanding of area field instrumentation
• Networks and leverages the broader organization, as needed
• Technical Degree (BS, MS) in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering.
• Demonstrated ability to apply technical knowledge to diagnose, troubleshoot, solve or help others solve equipment and/or process issues
• Demonstrated knowledge of key PSM Technology elements such as Process Hazards Analysis, Process Technology, Management of Change-Technology, RAGAGEP among others
• Demonstrated ability to teach, coach, mentor, develop others, and work in a team based environment
• Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple, complex, time-sensitive projects
• Demonstrated skill in team building and achieving results through influence and negotiation
• Good interpersonal and communication skills; must work well in both self-managed and team environment
• Ability to access and network with appropriate site and corporate teams to gain or share knowledge
• DCS experience is preferred, PLC background will be considered
automation engineering and healthcare CAREERS
chemical engineering electrical engineering process controls and process safety engineering jobs